the end of all things is the start of a new beginning

I just finished The Tower Of Nero.

I remember when I was in fifth grade, and I had just finished catching up on the Blood Of Olympus books, when I didn’t want the story to end. But then I found out that there was going to be the series The Trials Of Apollo and just being so hyped for its release.

Sixth grade was when I first got my hands on the book, and I remember dreaming, imagining about all of the characters and plots. I was obsessed with the whole story-world, and I fell in love with the characters. They brought me so much joy, so much brightness when I felt at my lowest.

Of course, the next year passed, and I started junior high (for Taiwan it goes from seventh to ninth grade). More characters were introduced in the second book, and…I guess I got sucked in more and more.

It was the same for the third and fourth books.

This year, obviously a lot of things happened, both to me and to the world. I had to prepare for transferring schools, I finished my first book and had it printed out, and I also started my first online blog where I posted some of my own works; the world was faced with the spread of the Covid-19 virus, and a lot of people suffered from the results, sending the world into chaos and so on forth. I even remember starting to panic in the middle of January.

And I am not proud to admit that sometimes, I started to lose the world I loved in sixth grade little by little, bit by bit.

Until this last book, The Tower Of Nero came out. To be honest, I’ve kinda forgotten about the release of the book until one of my friends reminded me, and so I got it yesterday, and then I finished it, minutes right before October of 2020 ended.

It was the last book of the series, but at the same time, it somehow also signifies something else, but I don’t know what it is even though I still feel it, like a longing ache in my heart

The book, of course, like the other books Uncle Rick’s written, has a fair amount of humor within, but the part that enraptured me the most was the ending, but I suppose I won’t spoil it for you if you haven’t finished it yet.

Even though I promised not to give you any spoilers, I’m sure a quote won’t hurt …

And now, I know that sometimes, after all those years, your childhood doesn’t leave you, and it can bring great difference in your life. After all, the gods that I prayed to before my transfer test did answer my call.

When we grow up, it is always by our side, it never fades away; instead, it transforms into a new part of us that makes us who we are.

“However, any time you take aim and prepare to fire your best shot, any time you seek to put your emotions into a song or poem, know that I am smiling on you. We are friends now.
Call on me. I will be there for you.”
-The Tower Of Nero, The Trials Of Apollo

留言